Incremental Back up File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by webwiz, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Frankly, I found both the incremental and the differential backups to be -- at least in my situation, where the entire C drive is 6GB, constituting only the system and programs, with all data stored on other drives/partitions -- to be almost as large as the full backups, so I didn't see any purpose to even worry about those options, since I knew that with the full backup, everything was covered. Especially with no size or time advantage, I figured why even bother with the other two options. Since I can make a full image in less than 5 minutes (with bye by byte validation), and approximately the same or less to restore, I prefer to know that I've got everything I need. Plus, with the full backups, I can save several of them and have a variety of backups to choose from if I need them as well. Also, I can delete one or all of them as I choose, without having to worry about which pieces are needed for a complete restore. Just my 2 cents worth; your mileage may vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.