Incremental and saving space

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rod Williams, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod Williams

Rod Williams Registered Member

I did a complete drive backup so I would be sure it will boot if I have to restore to a new drive. If I know a partition did not change, since the last backup, will the next incremental backup file size be the same if I uncheck that partition? Or doesn't it matter since nothing changed so nothing will be added to the backup file. Seems like something for that drive would be written if it was checked to back it up, even if there wasn't and changes.

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Try it and see. Let us know...lol

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Jimmy top is right. :)

If nothing changed, the incremental backup of that drive would be very small. However, there may have been some changes such as last time accessed, etc. even if you didn't save changes to the partition, so it's best to include it in the incrementals. Besides, if there was a change that you forgot, it wouldn't be lost. Better safe than whatever the alternative is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.