Incredimail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by maddawgz, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I wish i could get Nod32 to play well with Im??...... its seems to be when i send mail it freezes? i can open IM ok and recieve ok? but when i hit send Bham freez'es up!! I tried turning of Imon thing and using winsock repair tool to no avail...... anyone else tried IM With nod32 and its ok?? I also tried adding to exclusion list the whole program perhaps there's a way to not let Nod32 bother scanning emails as i go through hotmail anyhow then into IM , and the real time gaurd would prob catch anything ! im sure its the Amon thing doing it as when i send it gets stuck on outbox Imm, perhaps its checking something,can i add that maybe to exclusion ? its definatly when i hit send and outbox problem as it takes 5min to send then unfreazes' And i notice if i click on the sent folder then look at Amon its checking sent.imm and again freezes so im not sure if those folder's in the system are big and causing a freeze, Frustrating MD

Outlook Express works fine !! here is a pic

Attached Files:

• im.JPG
      im.JPG
      File size:
      92.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it's probably all the phoning home that incredimail does - I hope someone has something in the way of a suggestion to help you - but my only suggestion would be get rid of the piece of junk-ware incredimail... not helpful to your goal of making NOD32 and IncrediMail play well together though... sorry!

3. maddawgz

Its ok i worked it out i added local settings IM identity folder which includes all imm. in applications to the exclusions list in AMon but something odd..i have to have show hidden files and folder's in folder options, or if its hidden it will do that freeze again! hope it helps anyone else with that problem least i can use it now. ..... thankgodddddddddd ! :D :D :D :D

btw do i need Emon activated if im using IM?? as it says Ms outlook email Monitor.. thanks.. MD

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  4. webyourbusiness

emon is not required if you don't use outlook/exchange. I always disable it if it's not needed - save a little memory perhaps...?

5. maddawgz

webyourbusiness me thinkso 2......:D

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I take a different stand on this; there is no difference in resources’ in enabling or disabling EMON, and as such why fiddle with modules when you will not see any effect. It is better to leave it enabled should you or someone else change their mind in the future there is no need to remember to enable anything.

Cheers :D

7. webyourbusiness

heheh - I appreciate the intent - I just know that I'll NEVER change my mind about Exchange in my particular office setup... now for clients... that's a different matter, and perhaps a very valid viewpoint! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.