Increasing size of partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by TFC, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TFC

TFC Registered Member

Sorry if this a silly question...

I have just installed the trial version ... I wished to see if it could increase the size of my C drive partition.
    I have a RAID0 array, 2x 160gb drives, partitioned with 9.99gb for C containing the OS, and 288gb for D containg programs etc. I haven't worked out where the other 22gb has gone...
    My problem is the C partion is seriously full and I need to resize it, however DD states that it cannot increase the free space on the selected partition as the current size is the maximum possible... I have 260gb free space it can use... Where am I going wrong

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TFC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please make a screen shots of your step-by-step actions in "Increase Free Space Wizard"?

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. TFC

TFC Registered Member

Many thanks,

Request submitted

4. TFC

TFC Registered Member

I have just realised that the trial version I have is V9 build 554... could this be the reason I'm having problems.... would V10 be able to do what I need

5. Acronis Support

Hello TFC,

Yes, Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 allows you to perform such an operation too. There should not be this problem even you use the trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. TFC

TFC Registered Member

Sorry for the late reply... been very busy over Xmas.

Many thanks for all your help, the issue has been resolved.

It is very much worth going through all the diagnostic steps requested by support... I did, sent it all off, and the reply was that the Acronis report stated that there was an error on my C drive... they also advised how to fix it, the fix was successful and all is now working as I had hoped.

I have now purchased both DD10 & TI9, superb programs and worth every penny.

Happy new year to all.

7. Acronis Support

Hello TFC,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.