Increasing partition size

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by johnstewart, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnstewart

johnstewart Registered Member

I have a boot partition (c:) that is 5 GB, with only about 300 megabytes of free space. I have several other logical partitions with sufficient space. I also have about 153 GB of space on this drive labelled "unallocated space".

When I try to resize C:, it asks which partition to use (which partition to take the space from). I would ideally like to take the space from the "unallocated space" on the drive, rather than taking it from an existing partition.

Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks, jjs

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello johnstewart,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that if you want to increase a partition using unallocated space from your hard drive then this unallocated space should reside near the partition you want to increase.

That is why if there are some partitions between the C: and unallocated space then you should move these partitions in order to create some unallocated space near the C: partition. After that you should run the "increase free space" wizard and at the step of selection of the source for free space do not choose any of existing (the Next button is still enabled) partitions.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.