Increase partition size problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Danieltbt05, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danieltbt05

Danieltbt05 Registered Member

I have 2 partitions , 1 is 6.93GB and got 2 GB free space. Another is 2.6gb partition with 2.6gb free. when i want to increase the 1st partition size to include the free 2.6gb partition , it doesnt increase the size, it shows the same size. If the 2nd partition is even smaller, it will prompt error that not enough space on that selected partition. How to get the 2.6gb into the 6.93gb partition and make it to around 8gb drive ?Pls advise. Thanks

Regards
    Daniel

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Could you please clarify what the exact name of the product that you use is?
    Please create screen shots of your step-by-step actions which you took to perform the above mentioned operation.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Danieltbt05

Hi, thanks for reply. I'm using Acronis Partition Expert 2003. When i want to increase the size of my D drive which is 6.9GB and take space from another partition i made earlier which is 2.6GB. Both partition is NTFS. Btw i do not know how to generate report.

(Manual mode)
    Step 1
    Select wizard, increase free space. (which is the 6.9GB partition)
    Step2
    Select the partition i want to increase the size.
    Step3
    Select partition to take free space from (which is the 2.6GB partition)
    Step4
    Partitions locking process begins
    Step5
    Increase free space wizard windows is out and indicate that minimun and maximun size is still the 6.9GB.

4. Danieltbt05

FYI in the support page, the product list cannot appeared, it is blank.

rgds
    Daniel

5. Acronis Support

Hello Daniel,

Please contact us either by submitting a pre-sales question which does not require a serial number or by sending the letter directly to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. Danieltbt05

Hi Kirill, have you found the answer to my issue ? is it a problem or it is been designed ? Thanks

Rgds
    Daniel

7. Acronis Support

Hello Daniel,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

8. Danieltbt05

Hi Kirill thanks for reply. I didn't receive any replies. my email is ********* .Thanks

Edit: e-mail address was removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2006
  9. Acronis Support

Hello Daniel,

We regret to inform you that we have not found your message. I'm afraid that we have not received your request. Could you please send it to us once again?

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

10. Danieltbt05

Hi Kirill, i found that Acronis partition expert 2003 no more supported by Acronis ? Not found in the product list.

Regards
    Daniel

11. Acronis Support

Hello Daniel,

Actually, Acronis Partition Expert 2003 is the old version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 and it is no longer developed by our Development Team. That is why we cannot produce updates for this software any more and that is why you are not able to find it in the list.

However, if the issue was not caused by the software then we will do our best in order to help you in resolving it. As I have mentioned above, you can send us the requested diagnostic information either by submitting a pre-sales question which does not require a serial number or by sending the letter directly to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

12. Danieltbt05

Hi, i have send a mail to the support team. I'm not sure whether it is by design or issue with the software. Just can't get that partition to merge or increase the partition space . FYI both partitions are logical partitions.

Regards
    Daniel

Private email removed - Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.