Increase partition size during recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dcol, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcol

dcol Registered Member

I am using TI WS 9.1 latest build and was wondering if there was a way to increase the partition size during the recovery if the new disk is larger than the old one. It seems that if I take a 40GB image and apply it to an 80GB hard drive, I only have a 40GB partition on the new drive after the restore. I would like to see a feature to allow this to be adjusted.

Thanks

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

There's an option to restore the partition, and not the drive.
    If you choose that, there should be an option to choose the size of the restore partition.

3. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello dcol,

When restoring to a new drive by partition restore, as MerlinAZ advised, you should also select MBR and Track 0. But within a partition restore, necessary for resizing, you can't select the partition and the MBR on the same pass (a safety precaution). Therefore, after selecting C: and setting it's new size and other parameters, reply, when asked by the Wizard, that you want to restore another partition. You will be carried back to the previous selection screen where you will now be able to tick the MBR too.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dcol,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

To expand bVolk's reply, I would also like to mention that the procedure of changing the restored partition size and location is described in detail in section 6.3.8 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.