Incorrect username/password error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by maxqc, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxqc

maxqc Registered Member

Hi,

Since I installed the 2.5 version ( then using beta login and password, but I now switched to my own username/password ) I often receive error message when NOD tries to update automatically. This error says incorrect username/password... I have to manually copy and past my password in the NOD config then it works .... It's a legal username/password bought directly from ESET's web site ...

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you are getting a popup wanting a password, don't put the password in that box. Copy and paste the password in the update, setup box making sure there are no spaces in the password. If there are spaces, your password will be incorrect.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Further to what Ron was saying, see post number 61 and 62 here for screenshots of where to place your UN and PW.

Cheers :D

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The first thing is as BlackSpear and Ronjor suggested, make sure it's entered into the correct place.

Secondly, and it sounds simple, but check very carefully the username/password - many NOD32 passwords have zeros, which can look like capital 'o' characters - if in doubt, copy and paste the username/password into my "speller" - which will reveal the underlying characters beyond any doubt:

http://www.nod32usa.com/nod32-support/spell.php?i_up=Username:Password

I built the script after noticing a large number of username/password issues we were finding where just a single character was off... usually a 1/i/l being mistaken, or a zero/O/o confusion.

With both the place and username/password being correct, at least we'll find out if there is a username/password issue on the update server end... that would be the only problem left - but if you managed to download the software using those usernames/passwords, it's unlikely to be the problem.

hth

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.