Incorrect partition size

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by goplant, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goplant

goplant Registered Member

A novice question, but about a problem that Support have been unable to find a solution for.
    So far I have been unable to get DD 10 to work and have received the error message "Invalid Partition Size".
    Looking at my defragmentation analysis have I perhaps found the problem?
    DD says I have 140 Gb free space on my 230 Gb C: partition. I want to create a new, say 100 Gb, D: partition from this space. However, when I run defragmentation it tells me at the end that there is only 90 Gb free space. Looking at the screen shot below there is data left out on a limb in this partition that no amount of defragmentation seems to be able to consolidate with the rest of the data in the partition. Perhaps from this point to the end of the partition there is only 90 Gb unused and hence available for reallocation. Am I on to something? And if so how do I get my C: partition to release the empty gap in the middle?

defrag.jpg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello goplant,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

After that please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach he collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.