Inconvenience for users

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by ASpace, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Unlikely v3 , in v4 there seems to be actual difference between Standart Cleaning and Strict cleaning .

An inconvenience for users is that when using the default mode (Standart cleaning mode 2 for both real-time and context menu scan) , when I right click a folder and it has quite a lot threats inside , I had to answer about 50 times for 50 infected objects that they should be deleted simply because EAV expects to clean them .

I suggest that you change something so that EAV/ESS don't want to clean only but automatically decides what to do - clean or delete and in this case (and in most cases nowadays) - delete - automatically

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest reading the descriptive text in the dialog more carefully. You can select multiple files (ie. all files by pressing Ctrl+A) and selecting the desired action for all files at once.
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sorry , I missed it . My mistake . But now I think that you create buttons (Select all) instead of right click options
  4. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

I though it was only supposed to ask the user when it is a potentially unsafe/harmful application and everything else was cleaned automatically?
  5. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

+1 vote
  6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also deleting archives that also contain clean files wouldn't be safe if done automatically.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.