Inconvenience for users

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by ASpace, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Unlikely v3 , in v4 there seems to be actual difference between Standart Cleaning and Strict cleaning .

An inconvenience for users is that when using the default mode (Standart cleaning mode 2 for both real-time and context menu scan) , when I right click a folder and it has quite a lot threats inside , I had to answer about 50 times for 50 infected objects that they should be deleted simply because EAV expects to clean them .

I suggest that you change something so that EAV/ESS don't want to clean only but automatically decides what to do - clean or delete and in this case (and in most cases nowadays) - delete - automatically

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest reading the descriptive text in the dialog more carefully. You can select multiple files (ie. all files by pressing Ctrl+A) and selecting the desired action for all files at once.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sorry , I missed it . My mistake . But now I think that you create buttons (Select all) instead of right click options

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I though it was only supposed to ask the user when it is a potentially unsafe/harmful application and everything else was cleaned automatically?

5. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

+1 vote

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also deleting archives that also contain clean files wouldn't be safe if done automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.