Inconsistent reporting of partition sizes

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Tarquin, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarquin

Tarquin Guest

I used Partition Expert 2003 with XP for the first time to increase the size of my C partition. When I look at my disk in PE, all partitions are given the correct, new sizes. But when I look in 'My computer' the reported size of the C partition is as it was before, while the D partition has reduced in size accordingly. This makes it appear that the total size of my hard drive has shrunk from 40 to 27 GB. Can anyone please help?

2. Mid

Mid Guest

I have a simlar problem - wish I'd never tried to use PE2003 !!!!

I tried to increase the C: partition size. The system crashed part way through and gave the 'Windows has recovered from serious error' message.

My PC seems to be working ok but PE 2003 shows the expected revised partition sizes but Explorer shows the original sizes.

I don't know what to do next.

JK

3. Mid

Mid Guest

Ok, seem to have it sorted now.

I tried to re-size the partition again but using PE 2003 Personal from the recovery boot cd. i.e. without Windows running.

It worked fine and all sources (PE2003, Explorer, My Computer, Contol Panel Administration) now report the partition sizes as I wanted and expected.

I suspect the original problem arose from something running in windows that was using the HDD, although I closed down everything I could think of.

Hope this help. GL.

JK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.