Incomplete Gui

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by beethoven, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am using V 2.0.1.9002 free on one pc that is seldom used and noticed one small problem. Sometimes when trying to change protection status, I right click the icon in the taskbar to "show program". At times the window only opens partially with only the left half showing. There is no way to enlarge the window nor do access the button to change protection status. The only way to achieve the change is to do a reboot of the system and hoping the next time right click will work properly. Is this a known issue or something specific to my pc?

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

It works fine on my XP Pro system, so I don't think it can be a general problem.

EDIT: You didn't say which version of Windows this is happening on. I wonder if this problem is related to certain graphics cards and/or screen resolutions. (Mine is an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 running at 1280 x 1024 resolution.) Have you tried a different screen resolution as part of your investigation into the problem?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am using XP Pro with Sis 650_651 M650-740 and a resolution of 1024 x 768. Mind you the problem is intermittent and so far only seems to affect the Returnil window.

4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I should have mentioned that I am using Returnil Premium, not Free, but it seems unlikely that the two versions would exhibit different behaviour in this respect.

I've tried the 1024 x 768 mode to see if I could reproduce this behaviour on my system but I couldn't. The fact that the problem is intermittent on your machine suggests that your video memory might sometimes be getting corrupted. I assume you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Returnil without success.

Hopefully you will get other replies that will confirm whether or not this is a known problem that affects some system configurations.

Best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.