Incompatiblity: Spyware Doctor vs. ESS Beta?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by KaneComputing, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

I had an issue with installing ESS on my laptop (works great on my desktop) that I reported here. Basically it installed but I got a Proxy Server error and the ESS firewall would not start.

Now through some experimenting (thanks FirstDefense-ISR!!) I believe the problem might point to SpyWare doctor (v5)

When I uninstalled Spyware Doctor, I was able to install ESS and it ran normally, including the firewall. I then reinstalled Spyware Doctor, which went well, until I rebooted: BSOD (STOP 0x0A IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL). This persisted until I went into Safe Mode and uninstalled Spyware Doctor. BSOD and ESS runs normally.

I have reported this to ESET directly.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello KaneComputing,

Since you posted in your original thread, there is no need to make another post. As this post contains additional info, which could have gone in your original post, I will close this thread and leave it as it points to the first posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.