incoming connection problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mkmt, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkmt

mkmt Registered Member

Hi

When I restore an image with Acronis Universal Restore, incoming connection do not functional.

following error appears in system log:

Source:Remote Access
    EventID:20050

The user "user_name" connected to port COM 3 has been disconnected because no network protocols were successfully negotiatated.

restore to same computer without using Acronis Universal Restore -no problem

Operating system is Windows XP Pro SP2.

What is the cause for this?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mkmt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue. Please describe the restoration process with Acronis True Image in more details. What drivers you select to include to the restored image when using Acronis Universal Restore? Please also note that Drivers for devices (sound cards, network adapters, video cards etc.) will be found by Windows itself when it boots.

When you use Acronis Universal Restore to restore the image archive did you restore to the same computer or to the different one? Please also clarify if you created the image of the entire hard drive or only of the system partition?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. mkmt

mkmt Registered Member

Hello

I use Incomming connection for sending traps from SNMP adapter to PC by modems.
    Modem is connected to serial port PC.

By reason of testing I use image of system parttition(first primary partition on first disk t.j. C for windows), system is running in WMware(no installed WMware tools).

Consequently I restore image by two methods, always on same computer(real computer, no VMware).

1. During Restore Data Wizard I select Do not use Acronis Universal restore. In this case, after restore, incomming connection is normally functional.

2. During Restore Data Wizard I select Use Acronis Universal restore.
    I select no drivers (I clicking Next, Next etc.)
    In this case, after restore, incomming connection isn't functional.

In system log appears already mentioned error:

Source:Remote Access
    EventID:20050

The user "user_name" connected to port COM 3 has been disconnected because no network protocols were successfully negotiatated.

Before creating image was used sysprep. In sysprep.inf I using entry BuildMassStorageSection = Yes.

Thank

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mkmt,

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please create Windows System Information on both systems (the one you imaged and the system you have restored) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.