Inadvertantly deleted the SUPERAntiSpyware folder ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EASTER.2010, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Well in haste i inadvertantly deleted the SAS folder before realizing it needs the uninstall log to remove the program so i'm in a quagmire now. I tried to trace down every file possible including the drivers but now i still can't even install ANY vesion of SAS untill i find the files that have the installer in limbo.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  2. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware new version 3.6.1000

Joe have you tried maunally deleting all files in safe mode then going through your registry with regseeker and delete all *SAS* stuff(search known SAS related values).Finally go looking for *installer/uninstall MSI info and locate the sas only values and delete.

This manual hacking has worked for me in the past when ripping out Beta software or corrupted installs but agread it is a time consuming PITA:rolleyes:

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

EASTER, can you peruse the logs from your registry cleaner? If not, and you are fairly certain when this occurred, would it pay to re-install the cleaned / deleted values. I had a simillar issue w/ MS Outlook while using RegCure. I re-installed the deleted values and Outlook rose from the dead.

I'm sure you've thought of this, but in case you didn't...

...screamer

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thanks, yes i went back over all my reg cleaner backups but since i deleted the folder w/contents i suspect there was something there which is required for a clean uninstall.

I'll try to dig out some old uninstall programs that claim to pull all remnants from any software program and see how that fairs.

I done some blunders before but this one was a good one.

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

SOLVED! :thumb:

Everything is restored as before now.

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Previous problem resolved. Thanks for suggestions.

7. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

This sounds like me to the teeo_O I thought I was a lone.

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma and glad you got it straightend out.

8. fcukdat

:p Heh,happy to assist:D

9. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Is it possible to share the "fix" in case others have a similar problem and use the Search feature?

10. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

You test without full backups?

11. jim28277

jim28277 Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Have you ever considered an imaging program. Acronis True Image has saved my bacon (and my hard drive) on a number of occasions. Cheers Jim

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I did this once and went to the SAS forum and stated my case. Within minutes Nick sent me the fix. I would suggest that approach first instead of trying to do it yourself. SAS has some deep roots and you want to get it right.

13. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Easter.2010, what issue is that?

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Previous SAS version requires the source
    WISCDDCBBF1270346BC938BBCC81A1EEAAA_3_4_0_1000.MSI in order to uninstall and looks like either the reg cleaner or a virus i run (without PowerShadow) (My Bad) removed it right after i just got things sorted out.
    I would be eternally grateful if you could forward what i assume would be a newer series of sets so i can finally uninstall the old without receiving the complaint for needing that source.

Usually it's a TypeLib/Enum or other several digit number code that makes it an issue.

Thanks

15. fcukdat

Hmm well its a case of manually hacking out the SAS MSI package with that its not something that can be easily explained unless someone has extensive knowledge of the registry and location of MSI installers.So with that i will have to refrain incase someone deletes the wrong key/value and then cries bad advice given:'(

Joe.....D'oh!!!:p

I wanna go bot hunting....PM will be with you shortly:thumb:

16. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Maybe if you have Windows Support Tools installed, open cmd prompt, and type msicuu.exe. Then provided the SAS entry is still listed, remove it.

17. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

PROBLEM REMOVED!

Spent too much time trying to uninstall so all i did was INSTALL to the alternate drive and transfer it all to the main XP and everything is returned to notmal again. wHEW!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  18. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Glad to hear the problem was solved - I was going to have you run our diagnostic to see if I could spot the problem for you - in the future let the auto-updater do it's work, or uninstall via the Control Panel Add/Remove so our uninstaller can do it's work :) Glad you are back to running SAS :)

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Are you going to remove the (Defective) from your sig? :)

20. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Ooops. Done. Yes the alternative method resolved the issue and thats the last time i jump the gun and remove things before giving the uninstall a chance to work first. Sometimes i get way ahead of myself.

Thanks for pointing that out Nick and also the assist.

21. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

For future reference and to make clear what i was able to dig up to finally dismiss 360 from pointing to 340 as still installed. This is the key section i was manually able after deleting to free up the 360 installer finally.

For security purposes actual series lines are deliberately ommitted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.