In which partition install Acronis Image ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by blacknight, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Read in Acronis Forum " As in the title: if I install TIA in a different partition from C:\, D or similar - my HD has currently 4 partitions - my full backups and my restores will be all the same safely and working ?": so I too wonder if anyone experienced to use Acronis installed in another partition and if it runs.

2. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Based on the many negative user comments and reports that I've read about Acronis True Image you might want to reconsider installing it all together!

TS

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

You may just want to use the Acronis CD and run your backup offline.

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have always installed it in C: and never had a problem since 4 years of using True Image

I install all my programs in C: anyway, I keep D: for software folder applications (installation files) and E: for docs, music, vids, etc,

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I just install it on c: drive. Done that for years with no problems.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi xxJackxx]
    I agree with you. The Recovery CD is the best way. [Acronis True Image Home [& Plus Pack]

I started using Acronis back in August 2003 with v6.0, and still use it [Updated it ever year], still the easiest to use.

It is very fast at both Imaging and Recovery, and it restore the correct alignment on recovery.

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

7. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

i sure as hell would NOT recommend acronis used it since 2010 hadnt had a problem but its a bitch to remove from your os once its on there id avoid it like the pleague and all in all id deffinitely recommend going with terrabytes image for windows instead

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  8. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

yeah i install it in a VM then export the ISO of the recovery CD to my real system. this way it avoids any issues with uninstalling acronis

9. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

have i already mentioned older versions of acronis backups not being compatible with newer versions of acronis , yeah go and get a real trustworthy and rock-solid backup solution aka IFW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.