In-Memory Monitor

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by TDS3Quest, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDS3Quest

TDS3Quest Registered Member

I am trying out TDS3, v. 3.2.0, and came upon a review of it on anti-trojan-software-reviews.com. In the review, the following appeared:

"The in-memory monitor is not a separate program but is run from within the scanner module so, if you totally shut down the scanner, you shut down the monitor. However this is not quite the problem you might imagine as the scanner can be minimized to a task bar or quick launch icon which can be launched when Windows starts.

Also odd is the fact that monitor is not turned on by default in the distributed version of the product. Yes, it's easy to turn it on but you have to know that it's off to start with."

I'm pretty much a newbie and am wondering how one might go about turning the monitor on by default.

Thank you for any assistance I might receive.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello TDS3Quest & welcome, The function is called "Execution Protection" and is not available in the trial version.
    Basically Exeecution Protection hooks any starting program and stopsTrojans from running, it uses minimal resources as it only runs for a small fraction of a second whist checking the opening program but TDS3 has to be running, albeit even as just a sys tray icon.

HTH Pilli

3. TDS3Quest

TDS3Quest Registered Member

Thank you for your very prompt reply. That answers my question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.