In a NutShell - Differences 'tween TI9 & 10?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cutie_pyie, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutie_pyie

cutie_pyie Registered Member

HI all,

Can someone please tell me the difference between Home versions of:
    TI v. 9.0.3854 and TI v. 10??

Also, which of the 2 will run under the new Windows Vista, or does that not matter if you use the emergency rescue discs to boot the pgm up??

Tnx so much!

Sincerely,
    CP:-*

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

10 has a program settings backup feature that works for a short list fo programs.

10 has an email backup feature that doesn't work for outlook although ATI presents the program as working for Outlook. Thre's a problem with how Outlook allows other progs to access it and ATI hasn't done a workaround yet.

10 has managed backup locations with automatic filenaming and you can set limits on number, size, or age of backups in a managed directory. Set up a scheduled task and everything runs on autopilot. If backups are something you don't want to have to do by hand, then this feature is worth the price of admission!

10 seems to have the same DVD problems 9 has.

10 has the same USB recognition problems as 9; can't recongnize some hardware when using the Boot CD.

10 works with Vista, at least for basic functions, or so it has been reported.

There might be a couple of minor bugs in one not in the other.

3. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

An excellent nutshell's worth. Mr. Moderator, I wonder if shieber's reply could be made sticky?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

See http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/ for a list of the new features introduced in True Image 10.0 Home.

Known issues of a general nature will change with each release of a new build and hence are probably not suitable candidates for inclusion as a forum sticky.

Regards

5. KokomoRELady

KokomoRELady Registered Member

I have a similar question - and also need advice.

I just bought an external back up drive for my notebook. Got it home and found I needed software to make it really useful as a backup drive.

So I went to best buy today and the only software they had was True Image 9.0, so I bought it for $50. Before opening it, I went on line to see what I could find out about it. About the only thing I have found is on line stores and some reviews. On the Acronis site and most other sites I am finding all kinds of information about True Image 10.

My question to you - since I haven't opened the software, do you think I should return it and get the newer version? Right now, I'm using Windows XP on a 3 yr old HP notebook.

Keep in mind, this is my first external drive and my first time trying to back-up my entire system. Some of the jargon in some of the threads is way over my head, so if you can, keep it simple for my simple mind.

Thanks so much!

Betty

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you can return, then I'd go for the newer version unless you are sure that you don't want to make use of the managed backup locations feature -- this feature in 10 allows you to set limit on the number or size or age of backups and ATI automatically deletes old files -- it also automatically names the files so it's easy to know which file was made when.

If you are going to have a routine set up for scheduled backups, then the managed directories are extremely convenient-- you cn almost forget about the backup process--it pretty much takes care of it self once it's set up.

good luck,
    sh

7. MKairys

Another consideration is updates and bug fixes. It seems clear that Acronis will not be releasing further updates to TI Home 9.0 (although it is clearly not bug-free :)). See here for more info.

8. KokomoRELady

KokomoRELady Registered Member

Shieber & Mkairys

Thanks for your suggestions!

Betty

9. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

And that's probably the best reason for going with ver 10 <sigh>

10. MKairys

That has now been made official:

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cutie_pyie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I would recommend that you have a look at this previous post of mine that contains links to the threads about new features of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KokomoRELady,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine to find the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.