In a disk clone op, does config. of target drive matter?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jaygo, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaygo

jaygo Registered Member

I am close to cloning my main ATA hard drive ("disk clone") with TI8 (latest build) running under XP Home SP2, desktop PC. This drive has 6 partitions (including one hidden FAT one, which appears "last" in the list of the target drive partitions, even though it's physically the first partition on the drive; perhaps it's last because it's hidden; all the other partitions are NTFS).

I have 2 internal hard drives I am considering to be the "target drive" for the disk clone operation and need advice as to which I should use as the "target drive" assuming it even matters; maybe it doesn't even matter. Both drives are the same mfg. (Maxtor) and size (120 MB), only they are partitioned slightly differently according to Partition Magic 8.0. One drive consists of a single active primary partition, formatted NTFS, assigned drive letter D. The other drive has 7.8 MB unallocated at the beginning of the drive (why,

I don't know), followed by a primary extended partition consisting of a logical drive assigned drive letter K. I can't explain why the structure of the two drives are different, as I believe I partitioned and formatted them both the same way, using Partition Magic 8.0.

Does it matter which of the two target drives, described above, I use? Jaygo

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

If this is wrong someone please correct me but as long as your target drive is the same size or larger it shouldn't matter which one you use. It will duplicate the partitions just like your original drive had. Again someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Chris

3. jaygo1

jaygo1 Guest

Chris,

Thanks for sending me your feedback. Jaygo1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.