Impressed with GData Antivirus 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bradtech, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

The repeated av-comparative score marks and VB RAP tests got my attention. To the point that I had to try it.. I've been trying it for a month, and then decided to order 3 licenses. The machine I'm typing on only has 2 GB of RAM, running Windows 7 Home Premium with a Celeron in it.. Runs like there is no antivirus installed.

The detection rates are stellar, and a lot of infected sites are blocked from access before even getting prompted to download the file. I would say that memory management, and CPU usage is very minimal. My only complaints would be the scanning time is average at best. I had some initial problems with all my clients updating automatically. I had to do manual updates, and exchange ownership over to the other PCs but I talked to GDATA via email, and now it seems to be straightened out.

The Behaviour monitor thinks a game I executed off from xfire is a virus, and blocks it.. The dialogue box asks me what action to take, I tell it to always permit, and it continues to prompt me everytime regardless of the fact that I told it not too. I also made exceptions over the folder, and even down to the file level in the exceptions list in the behavior guardian and it still stops it/blocks it. I submitted this problem, and they are looking into it (Two days).

I am getting tons of updates throughout the day.. It checks every hour, and almost every two hours I'm getting updates compared to other vendors getting me 3 a day.. I'd say around 10-15 updates a day which is nice. Overall their American website needs work.. It's a simple interface, lacks a lot of additional settings I'm used to coming from ESET NOD32 which I still think is great. It seems with GData everything is set and ready to go.

2. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Does web protection increase page loading time? I had this problem with 2010 version. Other than that I liked it. Do you know the changes between 2010-2011 versions?

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

No slow downs here.

4. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat.

5. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

I have no problems with page loading either. I didn't with 2010 either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.