Impossible to use acronis reue image 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by emile curate, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emile curate

emile curate Registered Member

Hello,I have a problem when I want to full restore from my external hard disk to my labtop hd.Acronis says: 'system in use'.If I want to restore with rescue cd,Acronis doesn"t find the good back-up file and the dvd drives and logical disks have letters which don't match the good ones.I have sent 2 mails to: support@acronis.com , but I still have no answer!
    What is the procedure to have a response from this support?
    I think I will reinstall Norton ghost ,because,now,I can do nothing with Acronis true image!!!

2. awillfly

awillfly Guest

I have exactly the same problem. And I have not been able to get help to date from Acronis. Also, after installing the download version I must have made some mistakes and lost all access to my computer. Couldn't email support as I couldn't get on at all. I called their phone no. six times over three weeks -- you get only a message machine that says they will return your call. But they never did. I finally received the CD version and was able to use it and get my computer up but had to use the original Windows XP restore, which is now way out of date. Now I cant get the backup of my original hard disk which I had managed to put on an external drive before losing access to the computer. Same problem you are having. I rue the day I ordered this software! What a rip off!

3. imagefurf

imagefurf Registered Member

[GLOW="3"]What is it anyway with Acronis support?[/GLOW] I left a message last week on the forum to which there has yet to be a response. Then I emailed it to support@acronis.com and have got nothing but automated emails saying to execute thus and so and send them the results.

Well my need is not that immediate. But I'm disappointed at the response rate from Acronis support staff.

I take it [since awillfly got his CD] that a shrinkwrap box will arrive any day now? I don't recall anything on the website that reassured me that after buying and downloading the program, I still get the hard copy. /ifurf

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our sincere apologies for your inconvenience. We do apologize for the delayed response.

Please note that you are always welcome to send me a private message with your email address from which you have contacted support@acronis.com. I will do my best to contact you as soon as possible and resolve your issues.

Dear awillfly, would you please let me know your contact phone number?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.