Imon & spysweeper updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by seadog, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seadog

seadog Registered Member

I am using nod32 with Blackspear's settings & webroot spysweeper on SP2. I have had trouble with auto updates of spysweeper. If I do manual updates it says I have the latest dats but I infact don't. I disabled Imon temperarily & was able to update SS. Any ideas for imon settings other than disable to allow SS updates. Thanks in advance

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

first try setting spy sweeper to higher compatibility. if that doesnt work, try adding the updater to imon's exclusion list.

3. seadog

seadog Registered Member

WSFuser...thanks for the reply. I already had compatability set to higher but no joy. I will list as exceptions in imon as per your advise then wait a day or two & see if SS will do auto update. SS doesn't update several times per day as NOD32. Thanks again for your help

4. seadog

seadog Registered Member

Having created an exception in imon for SS updater would I be correct in thinking this will NOT weaken my virus secuity? A new thought......prior to doing a clean reinstall of SS 5 days ago it had no problem from imon with updates. Might that be due to having SS already operating on my PC prior to installing NOD32. Any thoughts on this would be appriciated.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes

as for spy sweeper, i cant help you with it but i hope your problem gets resolved.

6. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

Just to chime in here,

I also had no problem with IMON blocking the SS update until I updated SpySweeper to the newest version earlier this week.

I also had to add the SS updater to IMON's exclusion list to receive updates.

Thanks for the thread; I thought SpySweeper was getting lazy.... then again, that deserves a thread of its own :D

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

with kaspersky you also have to make exclusions for spysweeper to update
    lodore

8. cpj

cpj Registered Member

I had the same kind of problem with SS and NOD several years ago. It was a NOD problem and they did get it fixed in a couple of days after I called.

CPeter

9. seadog

seadog Registered Member

After making exclusions for spysweeper updater in imon it still would not do auto update but I did solve the problem. I uninstalled spysweeper & I now use superantispyware instead. Big difference. Thanks to all

10. coolbluewater

OK, new wrinkle....
    Even though I have SS set in IMON's exclusion list, I always have to click on the SS Update three times before it finally updates. Oh well, at least it does update, but what a PITA. It's been doing this for the past several days and rebooting doesn't help.

11. garyrh

garyrh Registered Member

When I used Kaspersky you had exclude too SS files and I think they were uispysweeper.exe and spysweeper.exe.

12. coolbluewater

I added both files at the same time when I originally set the exclusion (spysweeper.exe and spysweeperui.exe).

This all started when I updated SpySweeper to 5.3.1.2344 from the previous 5.3.1.2132 version so I'm convinced it's a SS issue. Why it worked the first time since the update and not since then (apart from having to click "update" three times for it to work) is beyond me. It's happening on both my laptop and desktop PCs. Both have NOD32 and SS latest versions; the laptop has SS set active with all shields (except memory) while the desktop has all shields disabled and SS is used on-demand, as it slows down the gaming otherwise.
    I'm about ready to give SS the heave-ho and just go with SUPERantispyware (which I use on demand on both).
    The only reason I haven't is because I purchased two 2-year SpySweeper subscriptions less than a year ago (during its 4.x version)after being sucked in by their marketing BS. In fact, its interface has become even less granular in version 5.x IMO, and it's never found any spyware on either rig since (for that matter, neither has SUPErantispyware). I also use Comodo PF (latest version) on both behind a router. Either I'm just lucky, or the hackers see all current security setups as a joke.
    The bright spot is that I've discovered this forum a few months ago :)

13. garyrh

garyrh Registered Member

I know what you mean because when I install SS my ATI Catalyst Control Center will not load at startup for some reason and I don't even have SS running at startup.

14. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Ladies & Gentlemen, we're getting a bit off-topic for the NOD32 forum. If there are other issues with SpySweeper that you would like to discuss that are outside of what the OP enquired about (Imon & spysweeper updates), please start a new thread in the appropriate forum: Other Anti-Malware Software. Thanks.

Regards,

Snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.