IMON: Random iexplorer crashes

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Thorz, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

I am getting random crashes in IE SP-2 aparently caused by IMON. I am using the last NOD32 2.5 but the crashes were also present with 2.12.
    I use to get the error when opening a new page by SHIFT+click on a link. The annoying part is that it use to happen when I have several IE windows opened. I have to use "send shortcut to desktop" on every IE window for not losing my work because after clicking CLOSE in the error message all IE windows get closed.

This error comes every few days, there are days where IE appears to be working perfect but the error strikes when I am less especting it :mad:

Here is a pic of the error:

I appreciate any help with this. I have already emailed support. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2005
  2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Have you tried going to IMON --> Setup --> HTTP tab --> Compatability setup and setting the "iexplore.exe" settings to "Higher Compatability"?

3. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

No, because I guess that will reduce NOD32 effectiveness a lot. It should work ok with my setup. The only thing that I have installed in this box when the error started is the Google toolbar, Windows XP was just clean installed into a formated hard drive.

4. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Can u reinstall IE?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Besides good advice provided - reboot your system and see what happens. Most probably the error has vanished.

regards,

paul

7. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

Done. Thanks.

@Stephanos G:
    Don't think so, it comes enbedded in XP ;)

@Paul:
    I have rebooted several times in the last 2 months :), the problem is that the error is pretty random, it strikes when you are not expecting it, and it can pass several days without it showing again. I can continue working even without rebooting, just closing the error window and reopening IE, the error doesn't come back and it is not possible to reproduce it easily, but after some days BANG! And it is annoying.

Thanks to everybody.

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thanks for the extra info. I've got reports stating one and the same issue, and rebooting did the trick. Guess Blackspears' advice is the way to go indeed. It may take a while in the worst case, but Eset will tackle this issue as best as possible.

regards,

paul

9. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hi Thorz,

Have you tried a clean installation of NOD32 rather than re-installing over the top?

Bandicoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.