IMON problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fosl, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosl

fosl Registered Member

Hello all!

I have been using NOD32 2.7.39 without any problems for a while now. Today I opened up IMON, clicked on HTTP and client compatibilty and noticed that there were hundreds of new entries. I spent about 45 minutes changing them from higher compatibility to higher efficiency. I then checked it about 15 minutes later and all entries has returned to higher compatibility. So I changed just a few to efficiency and again then next time I checked they had returned to higher compatibility. I also noticed several other programs will not stay green like Zune for zune software that is installed. Very strange. Im not sure how to make them stay green, as I have never had this problem before. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

There might be conflict with another program interfering with the Winsock . I can't tell you why this is happening but being in Higher efficency doesn't make those traffic more secure . The browser - may be but it is really not necessary to make all applications in HE mode.

I personally would upgrade to ESET NOD32 v3.0 (which web scanner doesn't work in the Winsock level) or would leave any program in Higher compatibility mode

Greetings! :thumb:

3. fosl

fosl Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to see what would happen if I shut down IMON. I immediately got a message that said windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart in one minute. Well it restarted. Then I decided to reinstall NOD32 2.7. I got the same message during the uninstall. I was able to reinstall NOD32 and IMON seems fine now. Maybe Ill get brave and download version 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.