IMON "hanging"

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DERV, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Hi guys,

Have had a look for solutions to this problem and couldn't find any (though apologies if I did miss one!).

I'm using the latest version (full licence) of NOD and it's all up to date and configured with Blackspear's settings with no variation.

When I navigate to a web page containing media (usually video - though it could be any large file) IMON pops up showing the download progress. If I stay on the page until it's finished there's no problem. However, if I navigate away before IMON finished the download (e.g. it's on a home page I don't wish to read, and I click a further link) IMON "hangs".

The download icon in the sys tray remains, with the popup dialog showing file progress (which is frozen and doesn't move). The IMON arrows scroll down ad infinitum and even if I close the popup dialog (download progress) the IMON icon remains. Even navigating back to the page causing the problem, a fresh download progress box pops up, finishes, and the original remains o_O

Any suggestions? TIA.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

* u can just disable the imon progress meter.

go to IMON | Setup |Miscellaneous (tab), and uncheck "Automatically display the download progress of larger files"

* u could also just set the browser to higher compatibility.

3. DERV

DERV Registered Member

I've unchecked that option (can't believe I didn't remember that lol), though would be interested as to why the problem happens in the first place if anyone knows?

Is this a known bug?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

a known bug? should be. people posted about this before.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you tell me which OS and web browser this occurs with, and what sort of network connection the computer has?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

On one PC with XP Pro SP2 and IE6 hooked up wirelessly to ADSL 1500/256.
    Pic 1 - Version.png
    Only happens occasionally including with a very small extensionless file.
    Other similar PC's here including those with hard LAN connections to the main router also have the same happen as the OP described.

Cheers :)

7. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Hi,

It's XP Home sp2 (presumably OEM, it was pre-installed on a new PC). The browsers I use are Opera 9 and IE6; mostly I use Opera. Thinking about it I couldn't honestly say I know for sure it happens in IE6 as I do rely 90% on Opera.

Could this be a factor? I did notice that v9 of Opera is quite buggy compared to the less function-laden but superior and stable v8.

My network connection is a 2 meg/sec ADSL wireless broadband.

Cheers :D

8. agoretsky

Hello,

Does the problem occur with both Opera and Internet Explorer web browsers, or just in Opera?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Occurs with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox here.

Cheers :)

10. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Hi again,

I can only refer you to my earlier reply:

I've used both browsers and had the problem pretty consistently, however I don't keep tabs of which browser I'm using if that makes sense. I use opera mostly but for the odd page setup to work only in IE, I use IE.

Can say with 100% certainty that the problem occurs in opera, but am pretty sure it also happens in IE. NOD32 User's post seems to back this up.

Cheers,

Lee

11. agoretsky

Hello,

In IMON's setup NOD32 Control Center -> IMON -> Miscellaneous (tab) -> Scanner Setup (button) -> Setup (tab) -> Extensions (button) are the "Do not scan extensionless files" and "Scan all files" options selected (checked)?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.