IMON downloading files 3 times instead of 1

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dakhor, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

IMON seems to be downloading files 2-3 times instead of just once. Whats the problem? It worked before...

It sometimes downloads 2 version of the file at the same time and after the last is done it downloads it one more time.

I have everything high efficency - but it used to work really well and i like this feature.

/DaK/

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried downloading a FRESH copy of Nod32, uninstalling your current version, deleting the ESET folder from C Drive> Program Files and reinstalling Nod32.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. Visiting

Visiting Guest

Blackspear,
    You should get a job at AOL. Seems like most of your posts, you suggest the same thing......download fresh copy, uninstall old one, delete pgm files, reinstall.....same old, same old.

You know, when you constantly tell 80% of users to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work correctly, then it is most probably not the user!

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

IMON checks only the particular files requested by broswers, nothing else, nothing more.

5. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

IC .... ill test some other browsers to see how it works out. Using firefox at the moment.

/DaK/

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have installed over 1000 copies of Nod32, out of that I have had to uninstall 3, yes only 3 copies, remove the Eset folder and reinstall a FRESH copy of Nod32. So, given there are millions of users, the percentage through this forum where an install goes wrong for whatever reason, this is a very simple and quick fix that works on many an occasion. If this approach does not work, then we tackle the issue from a different direction.

Given that the problems are seen by a minority, I would suggest that it could be software on that particular system.

Of course you could always offer a helpful suggestion.

Cheers :D

7. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Maybe it is only a minority problem, but it happens (occasionally) to me when pics (gifs, jpegs, etc) are downloading from web pages. IMON will show that it is scannning the same file 2 or three times (usually simultaneously). However, since it does not happen all that frequently, I think it may have more to do with the web page and the way it is constructed than with IMON.

And, btw, it happens when I am using Firefox as well as when I am using IE.

8. flying grouse

flying grouse Registered Member

I think you have answered your own question! try changing some of your options back to "compatability" that is.............(mozilla..svchost.exe and windows media player.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.