imon.dll crashing Flight Simulator (FS9)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gregg Kirkwood, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregg Kirkwood

Gregg Kirkwood Registered Member

MY hobby is virtual aviation and to enjoy this I run two superfast computers running Windows XP, Zone Alarm firewall through a local network.
    On one computer is my FS programme. THe other runs the addons like ServInfo, SBR, Advanced Voice Client WideSF SquawkBox. These programms allow the interconnection over the internet with other pilots etc.
    WIthin 10 minutes of starting a flight, FS9 crashes with the message pointing straight to imon.dll.
    I have the latest NODs2 software running. No other message appears other than this one. If I run any of the other programmes independently there is no problem, but collectively, I have this problem in Flight Simulator.
    I have so far exhausted my search for a solution and hope that through this forum I may find one.

Thanks
    Gregg.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. Gregg Kirkwood

Thanks for the tip however to no avail. post #8 remains a text file and is not of much use. (Perhaps I am doing something wrong here)
    I have turned off NOD32 on both computers but FS9 continues to crash.
    So ...I am back where I started from.

Gregg

4. Habiru

Habiru Registered Member

When you save the file make sure you rename the extension when saving it when the d/l window is open.

If you are using Netscape,Mozilla, Firefox, etc, choose save link as and rename the extension while the window is open. Extract the file after downloading and you will see the dll file.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Gregg, please drop an email to support@nod32.com with a description of the problem along with the information about installed NOD32 from your Control Center.

6. Gregg Kirkwood

Have shot off an email to NOD support with a copy of the event logs from both computers. Will let you know what happens ....thanks for your help and support

7. Gregg Kirkwood

Well, thanks to the fast and responsive help from Mark at NOD32 technical help, my problem has been resolved.
    In order to exclude fs9 from the monitoring list I added fs9.exe to the AMON exclusion list, not the IMON exclusion list. Now that fs9.exe is included in the IMON list everything now seems to be working well.
    My thanks to one and all for your support and comments
    Regards

Gregg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.