IMON causing problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Moddy, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moddy

Moddy Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I've been a registered NOD32 user for quite some time and have never experienced any problems until just recently with recent program updates.

Problem 1

Playing most games over a network is nearly impossible. When playing Command & Conquer Generals over network, I try to join a game and all I get is a message saying "Network Error". As soon as I turn off IMON and reboot or add C&C Generals to the IMON exclusions, all is fine and works well.

Problem 2

While IMON is active and the FTP program in use is not in the exclusions, everything works well until you finish uploading the first file, then the server times out while trying to refresh the file listing. This happens in SmartFTP and in IE, the only difference is that IE hangs instead gracefully reporting a time out :rolleyes:

As soon as I add the SmartFTP to the IMON exclusions or disable IMON and reboot, it works flawlessly. My problems probably have something to do with IMON being registered in the Winsocks and the latest IMON being quite buggy and is thus having fun screwing around with some of my networking :mad: I thought IMON was only responsible for scanning email?

If anyone can confirm my problems or tell me how to get around them apart from using the exclusion list, it would be greatly appreciated as I really do like using NOD32.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please download and install the latest version of NOD32 from our webiste. It has a newer version of IMON which should resolve at least the problem with FTP.

3. Moddy

Moddy Registered Member

Thanks, strange that auto update didn't offer me the program update :doubt: The problem with FTP is resolved in the new version of IMON, haven't had the chance to test out network games with the newer version of IMON yet.

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Marcos - Hello! :)

If one is a registered NOD32 user, I guess only the signatures are updated automatically? How is one to be informed of a new version of the engine? Has Esset given any thought to automating the engine updates? o_O

Speaking of updates, what is the latest version of the scanner? I can see from the web site that 1.753 is the latest signature file. Where on the Esset site does it give this info?

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Under update, setup, you will see type of update. You can receive the engine update automatically or be notified that it is available.
    Since there can be problems that surface with the engine update, I prefer my fellow users test it first before I download. :)

Here is my info:

NOD32 Antivirus System information
    Virus signature database version: 1.754 (20040509)
    Dated: Sunday, May 09, 2004
    Virus signature database build: 4524

Information on other scanner support parts
    Advanced heuristics module version: 1.007 (20040309)
    Advanced heuristics module build: 1053
    Internet filter version: 1.001 (20031104)
    Internet filter build: 1012
    Archive support module version: 1.014 (2004040:cool:
    Archive support module build version: 1088

Information on installed components
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Base
    Version: 2.000.9
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Internet support
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Standard component

Operating system information
    Platform: Windows XP
    Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
    Version of common control components: 5.82.2800
    RAM: 512 MB
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ (1673 MHz)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.