IMON and VmWare 4.02

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dRag0nMa, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dRag0nMa

dRag0nMa Registered Member

it seems the iMon has problem with VmWare 4.02 also.
    if i install Nod32.v2 first and i have a lot of services start failed and if install vmware first everyting go well.
    test:win2k3.en+rpc patch
    dose anyone have the same problem?

2. fryr

fryr Registered Member

Are you talking about NOD32 running outside of the Virtual Machine or running inside (within) the Virtual Machine ?

Running NOD32 outside of the virtual machine will NOT protect the operating system inside the virtual machine. For full protection you need to run it both inside and outside of the virtual machine.

I run everything (Windows XP Pro) completely within a v4 virtual machine and have NOD32 running as well within the virtual machine.
    In my actual host machine (also Windows XP Pro) I have the promotional (free) version of Etrust performing a routine nightly scan but no realtime protection.

3. dRag0nMa

oh,i mean nod32 conflicted with vmware,when i disable iMon thing goes well:)
    u said that ur host pc has not realtime protection?i afraid about it:)
    now i only use nod32's aMon function.

4. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Try lowering the compatibility/efficiency setting for IMON to the middle value.

You find the setting here:

NOD32 Control Center -> Resident modules and filters -> IMON -> button Setup -> button Setup ("Advanced setup")

Best regards,
    Anders

5. dRag0nMa

thx!
    and it's been disabled.
    i find that the iMon module can not scan mail from m$ exchange server but only pop3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.