IMON and eicar

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by n8chavez, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I was just wondering why IMON considers an attempt to download malware to be five instances. Take for example the eicar file; IMON sees downloadin that file once as multiple attempts. If IMON is configured to do so, the user is prompted with multiple on-access warnings. Why is that? Is there any way to change it so that I get only one per "attempt?"

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Hm, I have not experienced this problem.

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

n8chavez where did you try downloading the Eicar test file?
    What browser did you use?

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

That's because it's set to higher compatibility.
    Change it back to higher efficiency for your browser and you only have to click once.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's your browser which attempts to download it multiple times if IMON terminates the connection.

6. n8chavez

I'm using Opera 9.1. I was just trying to use the eicar file as an example; I though tthat maybe all files detected by IMON were treated that way. I will try changing the configuration settings first because I don't thik it is my browser. Dr Web and BD only show one screen and I'm using the same browser.

7. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Hey, n8. I have noticed the same thing (with files besides eicar). Sometimes I will get multiple IMON detections, and sometimes an AMON will get in there, too. I am pretty sure it is as Brian and Marcos say. It is a combination of the "higher compatability" setting and the browser trying to reestablish the terminated connections.

Of course, a browser trying to reestablish a broken connection is usually a good thing, so I do not consider that a fault of Opera. Changing the IMON modes to higher efficiency will probably stop this from happening.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , I confirm and second this . This happens with Internet Explorer which attempts to try eicar.com at least 3 times and everytime there is an alert.

n8chavez,if you use NOD32 and wish to make it easier , you can check it this way

Attached Files:

9. n8chavez

Thanks for the suggestion but I would like the alert window to popup that way I know what is going on. I'll try the compatability settings.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.