Immunet Protect Free 2.2 Sub Engine Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by alhuger, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alhuger

alhuger Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of testing a new set of cloud based sub engines for Immunet Protect Free 2.2. The engines are built for Generic detection, Rogue AV detection and SDBot detection.

The testing is broken into 3 phases over a week and half (one phase for each sub-engine). If you are interested in helping beta test them please let me know. The requirements for testing are:

1. Must have a Virtual Machine environment. You will be helping research TP and FP rates and this can introduce system instability.

2. You need to have a reasonably sized corpus of malware with representation from Generic types, SDBot and general Rouge AV.

3. You need to have clean software you are willing to install on the testing VM to help search for False Positive (FP) events.

The process for taking part is not exhaustive but it does require you have a little patience and some ability to work with a command line. If you're interested in participating please let me know by mailing me at alfred@immunet.com I do not typically read mail on the board in a timely manner so please be sure to use the Immunet address.

Cheers,
    Alfred

Immunet Corp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.