Immunet Protect 2.0 Pre-Release Testing

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by alhuger, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

If any of you have avira or winpatrol installed, turn them of (avira only guard) to made a scan.

If any of you dont received a mail from Al, send me a pm and I will resend the download with informations.

He was sleeping ;)

Please post it at the beta forum, so the team can take a closer look.

Just use your login to the site,,, aka immunet.com.

The flashscan should work but the detection rate shouldn't be as good as possible.

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

The flashscan doesn't work for many. It freezes during scan.

3. icr

icr Registered Member

Just checked the mail. Testing it now:)

4. icr

icr Registered Member

Anyone testing Immuent

Just want to known does the free 30 day trial work, I tried to get the trial but couldn't so I am using the FREE version which doesn't have TETRA detection engine:doubt:

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

next week you'll get a key to test pro version. Besides engines aren't fully activated during first week anyway, so testing detection is useless for now.

6. icr

icr Registered Member

Yeah you said it right I tested Immunet v2 against some old viruses and it didn't even detect some basic threats:cautious:

BTW installation wise RAM usage is bit high around 112MB (~80 for iptray.exe and ~32MB for agent.exe)

7. guest

guest Guest

iptray.exe 17mb
    agent.exe 34 mb

8. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

The email from Alfred states the current phase.

"This will be a two phased cycle. Our first phase runs from May 16 to May 22,
    2010. In this phase we will be testing the installation of the product along
    with our Community and Notices features. These three pieces should be your
    testing focus in Phase one. Phase two which commences on May 22 will focus
    on the rest of the product including 'efficacy' and pairing down our CPU and
    Memory consumption."

also

"The first 5 days of testing will be focused on 30% of the features.

This pre-release cycle is somewhat limited because Immunet is running it on non-production systems."

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

These numbers are very similar to what I am showing.

10. Pedersen

The RAM using should be low, but if you got a big history it can cost some unnecessary ram.

To avoid this, next time you uninstall, go to C:\Program Files and delete the immunet folder completely before reinstall.

I use 6mb and 9mb for each processor.

11. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Sadly, I found the pre-testing to be a bit unorganized. A lot of forum glitches in Immunets forum. Little response from developers. No e-mails as promised after I signed up. I will definately try out the final version, but until then, work hard all pre-testers! This product has so much potential that I believe it's the next big thing in this industry.

12. Pedersen

Sorry for the missing response... A lot of bugs are taking all the time and i will try to support must possible.

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

shadek, let me clarify a few points. IP is a small company but knows how to play a big role. The beta was released late last night and as someone mentioned, those folks have to sleep to, especially after a big role out. Wilders members span the globe and as such, this forum runs 24/7. Yes a few emails may have not been answered right away, but Al himself talked about how blown away he was with this intial response.

Keep in mind it was only going to be a small group to do this testing then Al opened it up to Wilders members and we are a thirsty pack of wolves when it comes to testing.

As for the forum, I myself have been a Admin on 2 different VB boards over the years, and what they start out as, quickly evolves. I think they have done a good job at even having one on the first day. Keep in mind the board was designed in part with how the product will be used with the community of people you invite in. So I hear you, but give them more then 15 hours to satisfy all your needs.;)

14. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Mine freezes on WindowsCodecs.dll

15. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Let me clarify a few things. I definitely understand the problems that occur. I do understand that the pre-release testing just started and it's not all set up yet. That's actually what I signed up for. But I did not receive an e-mail as promised. I had to 'cheat' myself in by asking another member to invite me. I had no instructions to follow by default. The bugs I reported had no response from developers.

I wish the project good luck. I'll definitely try the final product and even buy the product if it's as good as I think it'll get. I might regret my decision and join the testing later on, but not under current circumstances. :) You guys are doing one hell of a job!

Cheers!

Gabe.

16. shadek

shadek Registered Member

And yeah, scans won't work at all. But as I suspect, that's because it's still pre-release testing. :)

17. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Quick response :)

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  18. icr

icr Registered Member

Downloaded and installed well the RAM usage has dropped down though:)

19. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

During Idle it takes 41 MB on Win XP Pro machine...Quite heavy in my guess..:doubt:

20. icr

icr Registered Member

Have you downloaded the latest dev coz the previous build I too faced the same problem. During Idle mine went upto ~112MB:gack:

21. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

YEP i have downloaded the latest version..

When you keep the main window of immunet open, then it will take around 41-45 MB, when you close down the window it will take about 26-28 MB....During Full Scan it takes about 50-54 MB...

22. zord

zord Registered Member

Tetra uses engine bitdefender? ?
    Please key the Plus version

23. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

But unless you have a very old computer or a performance hit, these memory usage figures are peanuts!

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I was getting ready to say that. They are still working to reduce it, and it looks like a new build a day.

25. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Part of the reason/advantage to using a cloud av is lower resources usage. If it does not have that, then why bother? Fortunately IP seems to be improving with the new build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.