Immunet 2.0.14 - has been released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Malcontent, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

I can always help out, send a pm ;)

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Did they ever improve how licensing is handled? For instance when version 2 just came out a few months ago, once a the program was installed and activated on a PC, it pretty much locked to that PC. In other words, you could not uninstall it, and reactivate the license on a different PC without the help of tech support.

4. SAW

SAW Registered Member

I doubt it ! I bought the lic and installed it, then uninstalled it a couple days later to try out Bitdefender which I later uninstalled . When I tried to reinstall Immunet it wouldn't update from the free to the paid, it accepts my lic but won't open up the paid services. Called the help line, got some offshore farmed out service that claimed it was probably because I had a virus, ( I didn't ) they claimed they needed to connect remotely to my machine(wasn't keen on that I can tell you) installed Malwarebyes did a scan, it showed 2 problems (I have Windows Security center and Updates turned off, I did that intentionally) then tried to sell me a 199.00 service package to handle all my service needs. To top it off they couldn't reset the Immunet and gave me another phone # to call 9 to5 weekdays ? The program itself seemed ok but man that type of call center stuff is downright scary.

5. Pedersen

I know I am not suppose to say this but stay away from the phones.
    Instead send a mail to support@immunet.com and explaining your problem (remember to add the mail used to buy the license)

I havent heard any success through the phone yet :(

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Good grief! I am no longer a potential customer for Immunet. I shall spread the word about this, fervently, to everyone I know or work with.

7. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

I don't have any experience with phone support, however I've email support numerous times and was always taken care of promptly. Don't let previous post scare you away.

8. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

They've been nothing but prompt and helpful when I've emailed, as well.

9. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Wow. All that based on one post up here? Let me guess... you were once with the Politbüro. :cautious:

10. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

It used to cause system hangs on my rigs. that was a couple of months ago. I tried ver. 2.0.15 and everything appears to be running smoothly. Evidently I had to exclude Immunet from Vipre and viceversa. :thumb:

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

No, it's just that I have been over-exposed to outsourcing of tech support by apps & equipment that my organization paid good $$$ for. Their so-called tech support people were rude, lost if they weren't reading from pre-written scripts, & spoke barely intelligible English. They would get very abusive when I asked them to talk more slowly or repeat what they had said. This went for such outfits as Dell, Oracle, etc. My outfit does NO business with outsourcers & neither do I.

12. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I used to work for an outsourcer for TWC as a 2nd level tier tech support (sales and billing aswell). Man, all I can say is that "tech reps" try their best with wht's been given to them. Sometimes the big company just gives you a computer and a bunch of login id's and passwords and leave you on your own. You just try to handle the call as good as you can.

Anyways, I've never liked those "must have" service contracts. And for over $100!!! no way! I'd rather backup important data and re-format.

13. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

I have nothing but good words about immunet. :D

14. Pedersen

Guys, dont use phone support, they are not the best to this kind of job. Instead throw a mail by support@immunet.com or pedersen@immunet.com and we will make sure that you will be helped within a few day. Mostly the same day. ;)

15. guest

guest Guest

I have read in Immunet forms that they are working in 2 new engines, there are more details about this?

16. Pedersen

Its "under" engines to spero. Powered and driven by SPERO :)
    May be able to get you some more information a little later ;)

17. guest

guest Guest

Spero was one of the free engines, right?

I found more info here: http://forum.immunet.com/index.php?/topic/314-3-spero-trees-are-now-active/
    Seems that the engines are already active.

18. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

You sure know how to shovel it! My point was that you coldly and venomously condemn Immunet just because one person posts up a vent.

Well, let me jump on the "it's on Wilders so it must be true" bandwagon...
    SAW and bellgamin work for Prevx. And I know that that's true because I have been over exposed to blah blah blah blah blah and neither do I.

19. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Pedersen could you please check into my support ticket regarding PrevX SOL and IPP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.