Imaging a t42 ibm laptop

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GoldDragon, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Registered Member

Hello,

I have an IBM t42 that I am trying to make an image of, it has two partitions an IBM_Preload the primary and an IBM_Fix secondary. I have imaged the harddrive and can access the image and verify that it is all there but when I reinstall the image to the hard drive at boot I recieve a blinking cursor.

Any Ideas?

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Hopefully you imaged the entire physical hard drive. It sounds like symptoms of a missing/corrupted MBR. Did you select the MBR for restore when you restored the partitions ?

3. GoldDragon

Yes, I told it to image the entire harddrive.

I am using version 9 btw

I think it has something to do with the IBM laptop because I tried a ghost image and it did the same thing.

I was hoping someone here might have ran into the same thing.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Good, so I'll ask again:
    From the help screens:
    Furthermore, it would be helpful to also state which BUILD of version 9 you are using.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  5. GoldDragon

Yes, I did copy the mbr, and yes I did select it to copy back to the hard drive. I made a total image and replaced a total image.

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Where did you create the B/U image (external HD, CDs)?

“I think it has something to do with the IBM laptop because I tried a ghost image and it did the same thing”
    At what point in time and how was the ghost image created? You are unable to get back into the system correct?

7. GoldDragon

right after reimaging the laptop using acronis or ghost, the system will not boot. I can restore from the ibm restore cds but then I lose everything I was trying to save.

The image itself is stored on another computer so I am taking the hard drive out of the laptop connecting it to the pc and running acronis from there.

Both images were made Friday.

8. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

So the ghost image was made before this problem started?
    When you say the “image itself is stored on another computer”, do you mean that’s where it was created or that you moved it there after it was created? If you moved it, where was it initially created?
    Can you validate the image where it sits now?
    Did you, at any point, create a Secure Zone and if so, where? If you did, did you also activate the Startup Recovery Manager?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GoldDragon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

Please create the bootable rescue media with the latest build, create an image of your laptop in rescue mode and then restore that image from the bootable rescue media.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.