Images with Activated Products

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iNexxFear, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNexxFear

iNexxFear Registered Member

Hello,

I have a few products, specifically those of the Adobe Family that I am wondering how they are handled if you do a image with them activated....

Does the Adobe product correctly recognize them correctly, I know that the Microsoft Family does, because they use hardware keys for thier activation codes...

However, my concern is that of the adobe family.... Since they only give 2 licenses, I always hesitate about this.... Should I leave the products unregistered and then do it after I image the device?

Or have others been sucessful with restoration and activated adobe products continuing to work? I would like to leave it activated, so that if my HDD crashes, I don't loose the licesne... However, if I have problems, and forget to unactivate the product I could also give myself some headaches....

Therefore feedback from other users with these products would be greatly welcomed for thier feedback!

Thanks in advance

2. skypx

skypx Registered Member

I'm using version 11 with Photoshop CS3 and Acrobat 8 Pro. If an image is restored it will not affect the activation of Adobe products. Actually the only issue I have is with Vista. It will deactivate if you restore the image to a different hard drive.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I've restored images of drives that have Adobe Acrobat Pro and Photoshop installed and never had a problem.

4. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Unfortunately for many, another check mark in the "DO NOT GET VISTA COLUMN".

For those who do a lot of trials and reinstall a lot this is a definite potential "GET VISTA" killer.

5. troubledAGAIN

troubledAGAIN Registered Member

I just finished installing Vista 64bit a couple days ago. I installed all the drivers and made interface changes I wanted, and installed programs. Vista is installed on its own drive. I created an image of the install drive with TI10 prior to Vista being activated. I hope this will reduce any problems if I need to perform a recovery.

Just restore the image and activate. I am not sure how MS will react.

I have previously restored Vista image to my laptop after installing WinXP and creating am image of that install using the TI10 boot cd. It all booted fine, although there were no hardware changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.