Images not seen on here by others !

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CloneRanger, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Re this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=359847

When i checked back i noticed that my thread had 217 views, but my screenie had Only 136 views !

Which makes me think that 81 views were "possibly" due to them having Images blocked ? That's quite a high percentage, & means a lot of people miss out on a Lot of potentially useful visual info !

There could be another reason/s, but i'm not sure what. Any ideas ?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

While there might be a small number of people blocking image display, the main reason for the difference is browser caching.

vBulletin attachments are served the same way static images are served, meaning they can be cached by the browser. If you already have an attachment in a thread cached locally, when you return to the thread, you will not download that attachment again. As such, you will not increment the attachment view count either.

Calls to display a thread page however do not use cache for the main thread body content. So, every call you make to "showthread" will increment the thread view count.

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Ahh, i didn't think of that ! I guess that's it. Thanx for the explanation :thumb:

Personally i've set FF not to cache Anything ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.