image with cd boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cis, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cis

cis Registered Member

hi all,

I would like to know if it's possible to do a disk image with the boot cd of acronis true image for linux and to send it on another computer.

tkx u

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If you mean Restore that Image on another computer, the answer is yes, but you first have to use Sysprep on the first computer before making the image. IMHO, it is not worth the effort though, since it may or may not work to your satisfaction. Since you will have new hardware, it is best to start from scratch and reinstall the OS and all your programs.

3. cis

cis Registered Member

i don't want Restore on another computer but i want Restore an Image who is on another computer of my Windows network.
    tkx

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I've never done it myself but as long as the boot CD can see the other computer across the network you can direct TI to save the image over to it.

5. cis

cis Registered Member

k tkx but i didn't see other computers who are on Windows (only nfs and samba).
    My problem is :
    i must test acronis for linux to sell it at my customer. He has an IPcop firewall and if he crash he must can restore very easily an image who is stocked on a Windows 2k server.
    Need help to do that ^^ tkx

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cis,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that using Acronis True Image Bootable CD you will be able to create an image of your system and store this image to the network shared folder. Then if the system fails for some reasons you will be able to use this image to restore your system.

If you can not see the network when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD please read this post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.