Image size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gthorley, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gthorley

gthorley Registered Member

I came across a reference to the size of image files that is the optimum. I think it suggested files be small so that they could be placed on a cd if necessary. Is there a recommended size? Under fat32 it seems that it will be split up on a hard drive in sizes that would be convenient to copy to DVD.

I notice also that if you boot up the rescue disk that it seems to have the ability to create image files. Does that mean with AI corp workstation you don't have to load the software on individual machines in a network as you can just boot the rescue disk to create images?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

When creating the image to your HD, opt for "Fixed size" rather than "Automatic". For CD, choose 650MB or 700MB from the drop down selections (depending on the size of your CDs). For DVD, don't use the drop down selection but just enter 1492MB into the text box manually. This will enable you to copy a maximum of three .tib files per DVD-ROM (ISO), thereby maximizing its capacity. If you intend to burn a DVD-ROM (UDF) then enter 4GB into the text box instead.

I believe you may have a licencing issue with that. Check with Acronis regarding the terms of the End User Licence for the version of TI that you intend to use.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gthorley,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Regarding license issues, please note that a single license allows you to use Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation on not more than a single computer. Acronis Bootable CD is considered as part of the program and cannot be used on more than a single computer (the one where Acronis True Image is installed).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.