Image Server problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bigdessert, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdessert

bigdessert Registered Member

We have setup a central server with all of our images on it. We then use bootable media to restore images to workstation. The issue i am running into is that we are using a Silicon Image Add-in PCI SATA card and have 2 maxtor 250gb drives attatched to it.

When we go to restore an image from the image server which is over the network it says the images are corrupt or damaged.

If i put the bootable media in the image server itself, and attempt to perform a restore from an image, all works fine.

My assumption is that when loading on the image server itself, its seeing the SATA card and loading drivers for it, but when using the image from across the network from another machine it is not.

Please let me know if there is any solution to this problem. I have tried configuring the card in both RAID1 mode and as just standard SATA drives seperately.

The Silicon image card is a SiI3512 - PCI to 2 Port SATA150 that has a Si3112 chip on it. The operating system is windows 2003 server. Please let me know.
    Thanks!

2. bigdessert

3. bigdessert

anybody have any suggestionso_O??

4. bigdessert

5. bigdessert

Does anyone have any input whatsoever on the topico_O?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bigdessert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please be aware that in case of using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Also it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the issue persists with the latest build, please do the following:

1) Validate the image archives using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Backup Archive) of Acronis True Image both when booting workstation from Acronis True Image Bootable CD and under Windows and let us know the exact check-out result?

2) Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear. Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

3) Provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller and network card you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. bigdessert

This was solved:

For those who need the information, to solve the issue, I was sharing from the root of the Drive. Once I created a folder inside the root of the drive and shared that folder, everything worked fine.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.