Image restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kapmep, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kapmep

kapmep Registered Member

I have a new HP Media Center PC m7277c which I purchase a month ago.
    I transferred True Image to this computer and it seems to be running fine. I can open an image that has been created, etc. The problem is that I can't restore and image. Booting with the disk I created or running the windows application produces the same results. First when it reboots I see "Acronis True Image Starting". After that on the next line I see "ATA2: disabling port". At least a minute later the screen will open up but I can't access it with either my mouse or keyboard. I tried a fix I found on the forum that said to add "USBMOUSE=OFF after Quiet, but that had no affect. I have deleted the program and reinstalled it to no avail. At this point I get a backup everytime I shut down for the evening but I'll never be able to use it since I have no access to it. Has anyone else had this problem. I do have cordless keyboard and mouse that came with the computer and it has always worked properly except for using is on True Images reboot. Has anyone seen this before? If so and you know the fix or can direct me to where I can find the answer, I would be greatful.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

"ATA2: disabling port" displays on my machine that has a SATA2 drive and controller. Doesn't seem to be the source of any problem.

The USB mouse issue is known and has been fixed for some models but not others. You can navigate using the keyboard but takes a bit of getting used to before you can do it smoothly. In the meantime, I would plug in an old PS2 corded mouse for use with TI and just put it aside. Most PCs work fine with 2 mice plugged in.

The actual problem is the linux environment used in the standalone version doesn't have the driver for your device.

3. kapmep

kapmep Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. I had thought of the corded mouse and have at least 1/2 dozen in my junk pile. I was just hoping to have a software fix. It seems like this HP has more than one problem. I purchased a Canon Pixma MP800 which has a card reader installed. If I have the printer turned on the computer will not boot past the setup page since it thinks my printer is a hard drive due to the disk reader. The bios has no feature to select the hard drive to boot from as the selection is "hard drive group". Oh well thanks for your assistance on TI.
    Cheers
    Kent;) ;)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kapmep,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create the bootable rescue media with the latest build, boot your computer from it and see whether the problem still persists.

Please make sure that USB legacy support is disabled in BIOS settings.

If the problem still persists, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet nousb2, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If the problem still persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.