Image Restore Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Abbypv, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abbypv

Abbypv Guest

Hello,

I just bought True Image 9.0, I made a full back up of my PC, when I verified the image it said sucessfull and as I was sure my image was OK I tried to make a restore and then it said that the image was not goog, the worse thing is that when I reboot my PC ..puffffff everything was gone !!! no operating system, no data ..nothing... !!! Please someone tell me about the security of this product !!!!

2. fastjeff

fastjeff Registered Member

I had the same exact experience. Read the forum and you'll see many people have had significant problems with "corrupt archive" errors. I've been trying for a month to get this fixed - no luck.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Abbypv and fastjeff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that there was a problem with the improper image restoration scenario: Acronis True Image 9.0 has deleted a partition first and then verified an image. This problem has been investigated and fixed since build 2290. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

If that's the case, then please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download Acronis Report Utility and run it on any healthy PC;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer having the issue from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alexey Popov. Attach the collected report.txt file to your request along with the link to this thread. I'll certainly try to provide you with the solution.

If that's not the case then please let me know what build of Acronis True Image 9.0 you used.

You can find the full version name and build number as it is shown here.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.