Image mounting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WWS, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWS

WWS Registered Member

I hate to ask what may seem to most people to be a stupid question but I'd like someone to define...

a mounter module

image mounting

a mounted image

as I've seen being used in posts pertaining to ATI.

Also, I've seen used the term rescue disc and boot disc.
    They are the same thing, yes?

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Image Mounting is where you take an image of a drive and is opened as a new drive on your PC so you can browse through the directories and files.

For example you make a backup Monday. Tuesday you edit or delete a file. Wednesday you want the original file back. You "mount" the image as a drive and then you can browse through the image, find the file and then save it back to your PC.

Mounter Module - ?

Mounted Image - an image that has been mounted as a drive.

Boot Disk - a disk that loads some of sort of system that isn't Windows or your normal OS.

Rescue Disk - Acronis Rescue Disk is a boot disk that also loads True Image so you can Image and restore if the PC won't boot into Windows normally.

3. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Thanks Paul,

The term mounting module was used by Acronis and others here. A sample:

Hello Tonio,
    Yes, the module that provides mounting is almost the same in all versions of Acronis True Image. Once it is fixed, it will be fixed in all editions.
    Thank you.--
    Ilya Toytman

Hello Ilya,
    Sack cloth and ashes to the person(s) who signed off Build 859!! I do hope the Development Team are now thoroughly testing the mounter module on all the Operating Systems listed under <System Requirements> on your web page.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello WWS,

The "Mounter Module" refers to the block of software code within TI that provides the Explore Image capability.

Regards

5. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Got it now.

Thanks, guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.