Image for DOS to USB external HD

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Oremina, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

I know there are several Terabyte fans out there, have been following various threads. Would appreciate your take on the following problem, which is, I guess, a fairly minor one.

I've been using IFW (currently 1.70C) and IFD (1.99) on my old XP desktop for quite a while - very successfully. I have a lot of faith in it.

Recently started using version 2 on my Vista Home Premium laptop, currently using the latest update (v2.02b) of IFW and IFD.

IFW is not a problem, but I'm having a bit of a glitch when using my IFD disc, as follows:-

I use two back up places:-
    1) My laptop has a 120Gb HD with three partitions, one of which I use for imaging. When I use my IFD disc to back up to my "Images" partition, everything works as per the book, just what I expect.

However...
    2) I also back up to a 320Gb external HD. When I back up using IFW, all is normal. However, when I back up to the EHD using my IFD disc all goes well until it finishes. The box "The Process has completed successfully" does not appear. I am then left with having to do a hard reboot by pressing and holding the off-button (ctrl-alt-del does not work) and that I do not like - it cannot be right.

Is this to be expected using IFD to an external USB2 HD? Has anybody else experienced similar problems? Any ideas?

Incidentally, a subsequent "validate" on the EHD image then shows it to be OK, so it looks at the moment as though the glitch is more cosmetic than anything, but nevertheless I don't like the idea of having to do a hard reboot.

I know the answer is "Well then, use IFW and not IFD" but the point is I like to know everything is working perfectly.... just in case.

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  3. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Thanks for your reply HAN. I posted in the Terabyte IFD/IFW Newsgroup yesterday and have just followed it up today with a little bit more detail. I'll wait for a couple of days and then I'll email their support if necessary.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.