Image for DOS Drive Copy

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheKid7, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Next week I plan to Copy a Seagate 160 GB EIDE hard drive (Entire hard drive is one partition) to a Western Digital 500 GB SATA300 hard drive. I do not wish to resize the destination partition. So basically I want a ~160 GB partition on the 500 GB SATA hard drive. I will partition/format the remaining space on the SATA drive later.

From the Image for DOS manual it appears to me that I can just do the copy without selecting any particular Image for DOS option. Since the entire drive is being copied the copied partition should automatically be set as Active on SATA hard drive.

Do I need to do anything else for the Copy operation?

Thanks in Advance.

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Only, to set the alignment of the disk. Especially if the disk uses the advanced format.

Panagiotis

3. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I think he the op's new drive is just a regular SATA HDD, not ssd, therefore no alignment is necessary.

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I successfully did the Copy operation today with the only option selected being the 'byte-by-byte verify'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.