Image Filesize limited ??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Monacus, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monacus

Monacus Registered Member

Hi together!
    I saved a Partition as image to an external HD and with the name "2005-08-24". The Size of the hole partition was about 33 GB and the size of data in it about 7 GB. I saved the image with normal compression and as a new file.
    As I looked later in the directory I saw, that the program created two files named "2005-08.241" and "2005-08-242" ??
    Is this normal because the size of the image is limited?
    And how have I to handle this?
    Regards from Munich,
    Monacus

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Monacus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It seems that your external drive is formatted in FAT32. This file system has the file size limit of 4Gb. Acronis True Image recognizes the file system and splits the image file automatically to meet the requirement of the file system.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Monacus

Monacus Registered Member

Hi Ilya,
    thanks for you verry fast answer!
    That's right. The drive is formatted in FAT32. That's the reason, o.k.!
    But how have I to handle this? What I must do in the case of a necessary restoration. Loading in two steps ?? Or have I to choose the file with the extension 1 first and the file with the extension 2 in a second step?
    Regards Monacus

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Monacus,

There is no problem with the restoration of the image splitted into two or more files. When you restore the image you will need to point to any part of the image and Acronis True Image will find all the necessary parts automatically. Please note that if the image is plit over several CDs or DVDs you will need to insert the latest one first.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.