Image files are corrupted with TI9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lordbeau, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordbeau

lordbeau Registered Member

Well.
    True Image 7 eventually worked very well. TI8 didn't work for me as it just returned errors all the time. TI9 looked OK until I tried to run the image file. It declared it was not a TI file or it was corrupt and it shut me out with a nice red cross.

Anyone else find this? It's rather a blow when you're relying on someone to backup your data for you.

Regards from London.

2. mfritzler

mfritzler Registered Member

I found that using a password didn't work, as I was not prompted to input the password when checking an archive or restoring. Not using a password worked find. TI 9 build 2,247.

Haven't checked the more fancy features yet. Never had any problems with TI 8.

3. heatpipe

heatpipe Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. If I set a password in File/Folder-based archives, the archive set cannot be restored. This fact I find out AFTER having burned 40+ DVDs with passworded backups. Anyone else having problems with passworded archives?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lordbeau,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2259) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2259) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem.

What exact error messages have you received?

Where do you store your images?

Tell me whether you tried to restore your image from under Windows or when booted from Bootable Rescue CD.

What operating system is installed on your PC?

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Verify the image by means of the Check Image tool both from under Windows and when booted from Bootable Rescue CD and inform me about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mfritzler and heatpipe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this issue has already been forwarded to our Development Team and it is in the process of investiagtion at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as we will get the results of their investigation.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.