Image Explorer

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by SIW2, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Whatever happened to Image Explorer? ( xExplorer )

It actually works very well for "mounting" archives and extracting files/folders on my 64 bit systems.

There is a slightly odd error message from windows. After I exit Image Explorer- there is a message a program stopped working unexpectedly. It's not unexpected - I just exited the program.

I have used it numerous times without any issues.:D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Do you mean the volume explorer in the Archive tab? I realized they shuffled some of the features around or remove them if they weren't really "necessary".

Are the work-arounds working for you though?

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Tommy,

Sorry, didn't explain that too well. I mean xExplorer - I borrowed it from HDM8.5 when I was on 32 bit - I don't know if there was a special version for 64 bit ( probably not )

If you hunt thru. HDM8.5 you will find it in there.

I copied xExplorer.exe to my current 64 bit systems and just run the exe . Works great - only that odd error message after closing it down.

xExplorer-1-2009-10-27_182234.jpg

xExplorer-3-2009-10-27_181736.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. Paragon_Tommy

Unfortunately, looks like we removed that feature. I was trying to find a more recent version of it to see if it's compatible with 64. No such luck.

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for looking. HDM8.5 server is compatible with Vista x64 - that might just be the hotbackup drivers, no idea if the xExplorer is any different.

The one I am using seems to be ok - despite the message.

It's very impressive - odd it's not been updated.

DB10 looks very good. I can't persuade it to mount, though.

Error message on Vista x64 is 0xe0000025. Universal Image Mounter looks ok in Vista device manager

On 7x64 it is 0xe0000010. Universal Image Mounter is very shy - can't find him at all on 7.

I have done the obvious things - tried repair installs and reinstalls - uninstalled other virtual devices - still not happening.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. Paragon_Tommy

Sent you an email.

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.