Image corrupted in True Image 9, not in 10?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by basics, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basics

basics Registered Member

Made a image in True Image 10.0
    can read and recover it in 10.0

But on other PC, with version 9.0 I get error that this same file is corrupted(??)
    when I validate it, also this message

Is this a bug in 9.0?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Not likely since TI9 reads TI10 images OK and the format was not changed between 9 and 10 like it was between 10 and 11.

Intepret the corrupt archive message to mean that " TI cannot read the archive and recompute the checksums correctly". This can mean anything from a damaged archive, bad RAM, bad disk cable, bad disk itself, ...

Take your TI9 rescue CD and validate the archive on the TI10 machine. It should work. Once that satisfies you that it is not a TI archive problem with TI9 then:

The machine should not be overclocked or have aggressive RAM timings. If they are, reset them to the default values.

Run chkdsk X: /r on all partitions on the "bad" machine especially the one you have the archive stored on.

Run memtest86+ for several hours minimum to check your RAM. It is available free from www. memtest.org and the current version is 1.7

See if this gives any indication of a problem or not. What media is the archive stored on - internal HD, external HD, DVD ?

3. basics

basics Registered Member

Thanks for reply.

I've e-mailed the image( small, 300 kb)from TI10 pc to TI9 pc, it is stored on intern hard drive there.

Like I said> the image gives no problem on the TI10 PC, only on T10 machine

I will try this, takes less longer time:
    install TI10 on the now TI9 PC , If it is solved, I know the TI9 version is the cause...

4. mustang

mustang Developer

Older builds of TI 9 can't read TI 10 files. The change occured somewhere around build 3625. If your build of TI 9 is below 3625, that is probably the reason.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Right! I forgot about the mid-version change although many times they reported the archive as "not a True Image file".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.