Image-Compatibility between TI 8 - 9 - 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LittleAlf, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleAlf

LittleAlf Registered Member

Hello,

I am using TI Version 8 now, and I am very satisfied with it. Bought the program about 2 1/2 years ago. Now I have assembled a new computer, with all the latest bells and whistles:
    - Intel Core2 Duo 6300
    - Asus P5B motherboard
    - Kingston ValueRam 2 x 1GB DDR2/667 MHz
    - 160 GB Samsung SATA-hard disk (on Intel ICH8 of Asus motherboard)
    - Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 XT

Unfortunately, I found out, that I cannot use TI 8 from the recovery-CD with this new computer: The Intel Core2 Duo CPU is not supported - as a result no hard disk is found. :doubt:

I searched this forum, and one suggestion was to use the Acronis TI 8 plugin for the BartPE bootable CD. I did this, and the result was very satisfying: I could create a backup image using TI 8 plugin on the BartPE disk on two different network locations. Verifying this image from the TI 8 plugin as well as from the TI 8 installed on XP returned OK.

I am thinking about moving on to TI 10 Home, so that I can use the TI recovery-CD again. I know, that at this moment, TI 10 Home does not support the Intel Core2 Duo yet, but it is promised to be included in one of the next builds. One absolute precondition for this move would be, that TI 10 Home is able to read images of all older versions of TI, i.e. 8 & 9! If this is not ensured, I would refrain from moving to the new version.

Does anybody have experience with incompatibilities between TI 10 Home and images created with older versions of TI?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

LittleAlf

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi LittleAlf

If I recall correctly, the imaging engine was completely rewritten in build 3567 of V9. :'(

F.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LittleAlf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is compatible with the image archive created with any previous versions of the program. However, the image archives created with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home may be incompatible with the previous program versions. So, if you roll back Acronis True Image Home to the older version, most probably you will have to re-create the archives using the older version. By this reason, we highly recommend that you create a new bootable media after each Acronis True Image Home upgrade.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.