Image backups include FD-ISR Snapshots?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by twl845, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have a regular backup app I've been using for a few years named Sonic Backup My PC. I see that since I installed FD-ISR and made a secondary snapshot, the secondary snapshot also gets backed up, doubling backup time and size.
    My question is: When I install my imaging app, Whether it's Acronis or a different one, will it image my secondary snapshot as well as the primary when I do a full backup of the C partition?

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Short Ans: Yup!

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi twl845

Now you know exactly why I keep my secondary snapshot stripped down and just use it for a place to boot. My real secondary is the archive which is what I copy/update to and from.

Pete

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Pete, Good point! I'll have to work on modifying that secondary. Although my C: drive is 80GBs and only 27GBs used with the secondary. :)

5. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Attached Files:

6. flimbag

flimbag Registered Member

Why didn't I think of this? Now I can get rid of my four snapshots and four archives, all in various stages of installation completeness.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Flimbag

What you might want to do for now, is keep one secondary, stripped down, but keep all the archives, assuming you have external drive space.

Pete

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Keeping archived snapshots, doesn't necessarily mean, you have to keep them also as a bootable snapshot.
    You can have 2 bootable snapshots and 100 archived snapshots with FDISR.
    If you need one of these 100 archived snapshots you restore them in a new snapshot.
    Acadia works that way, he has 20 archived snapshots, but he can only have maximum 10 bootable snapshots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.